Further to our last e-newsletter in December, we have added new documents to the Have Your Say site. Staff has also drafted a report that summarizes comments and identifies key issues for the applicant to address.
- The applicant’s response to your initial comments and questions. Check the Developer Documents folder for “Responses to Comments on FVRD Harrison Rise Project Website – dated February 16, 2023”.
- The summary of the public information meeting, which is in the FVRD Documents folder titled "2022 11 23 Lake Errock Public Information Comment”.
- Your written comments which are available in the FVRD Documents folder titled “Initial Public Comments November 23, 2022-January 13, 2023”.
The Electoral Area Services Committee will review the FVRD staff report on March 9, 2023. The staff report:
- Summarizes the feedback received following the November 23, 2023 FVRD Public Information Meeting
- Identifies information gaps and actions for the developer to consider to help address these gaps (including capacity funding)
- Seeks direction from the FVRD Board on the next steps and actions to advance the proposal to the FVRD Board for First Reading
The staff report will then be submitted to the FVRD Board for consideration and direction is expected on March 23, 2023.
FVRD Staff Recommendations
THAT the Fraser Valley Regional District Board defer consideration of bylaws to facilitate the redevelopment of the existing gravel pit located at 43837 & 43873 Lougheed Highway Electoral Area C to a future meeting of the FVRD Board;
AND THAT in accordance with Fraser Valley Regional District Development Procedures Bylaw No. 1377, 2016 section 4.1.2 a) the FVRD Board require the applicant, at the applicant’s expense, to submit the supplementary information required to address the information gaps outlined in the FVRD staff report dated March 9, 2023;
AND THAT the Board request the applicant to enter into a capacity funding agreement with the FVRD to provide planning, engineering and financial consulting services to address the information gaps outlined in the FVRD staff report dated March 9, 2023;
AND THAT in accordance with Section 4.6 of the Fraser Valley Regional District Development Procedures Bylaw No. 1377, 2016, the FVRD host a public information meeting to present and review the supplementary information required to address the information gaps outlined in the FVRD staff report dated March 9, 2023;
AND FURTHER THAT the Fraser Valley Regional District Board endorse the process for the review of the application as generally outlined in the FVRD staff report dated March 9, 2023
The Project Team